Individuals who compete in a minimum of 5 scored events in the same category are eligible for series awards (Novices, Relays and Aquabike categories are not scored). For any scored event in which one receives a “disqualification” (DQ) or a “did not finish” (DNF) one will receive zero (0) points. In order for an event to count towards ones 5 scored events one must complete the swim portion at minimum.
Scoring and Current Standings
Remember – only the 5 HIGHEST scores in the series are counted together. There is a column in the standings that is called count. That number is the number of scored events that person has competed in. You must compete in at least 5 events in series VTSMTS to qualify for series awards. Also, remember events competed in as Novice, Relay or Aquabike are NOT scored or counted towards series scoring or prizes. (Aquabike does count towards Qualifier Awards)
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
- Top 5 Overall (M & F)
- Top 5 Overall Masters (M & F) – age 40+ only
- Top 5 Age Group (M & F) – 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85+
- Top 5 Athena
- Top 5 Clydesdale
- Top 5 Masters Clydesdale
- Top 5 Military (M & F)
2017 Qualifications Rules and Stage Qualifiers!
The Top 5 Overall Men & Women and Top 5 Overall Masters Men & Masters Women in the Super Series will be awarded custom Pactimo VTSMTS Cycling Jerseys & Bib Shorts!
Any athlete who participates in a minimum of five (5) 2017 VTSMTS events will qualify for Super Series scoring qualifier rewards.
The tiered qualifier system will work as follows:
- Stage 1 Qualifier: Q3 Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 3 VTSMTS events will receive a custom Series Water Bottle at Packet Pick up.
- Stage 2 Qualifier: Q5 Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 5 VTSMTS events will receive a custom VTSMTS Super Series Qualifier Compression Sleeves at Packet Pick up.
This is also the minimum number (5) of events needed to QUALIFY for Super Series awards.
- Stage 3 Qualifier: Q10 Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 10 VTSMTS events will receive a custom VTSMTS Qualifier Jacket (your jacket will be mailed to you after the season).